Zinnser Smart Prime® is an advanced water-based primer for all interior and exterior surfaces. It has the characteristics of an oil-based primer but with the benefits of a water-based coating. The result is a primer with stain blocking power, fast-dry convenience, easy water cleanup, excellent flow and leveling, and adhesion to glossy surfaces like laminate and ceramic tile.
👍 We recommend Zinnser Smart Prime® for stain blocking applications when an oil-based primer cannot be used.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to 3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.