Allprime Shellac-Base Primer is the ultimate stain blocker for interior and exterior trouble spots. This is the best primer we carry for sealing severe stains. It does everything from sealing damage caused by water, fire, and smoke, to blocking stubborn wood knot and sap streaks.It will also permanently seal persistent odors caused by things like smoke, pet accidents, food smells, and even musty odors.
👍 We recommend Allprime Shellac-Base Primer Stain Blocker to seal stubborn wood stains.
💡 When trying to paint over stubborn stains like knotty wood, spot prime the knots with this Shellac-Base primer and then go over the entire wood surface with an oil-base primer. Then the surface is ready for either a latex or oil top coat.
Paint Quantity Calculator
1 gallon of paint will cover ~400 sq ft. Whereas 1 quart of paint will cover ~100 sq ft. To get a rough estimate of how much paint you will need, run through these steps:
1. Add together the length of each wall.
2. Multiply the sum of the wall length by the height of the wall to 3. find the total square footage of your room.
4. Subtract 20 square feet for each door and 10 square feet for each window.
5. Multiply that final room square footage number by 2 to get the total square footage for 2 coats of paint.
6. Divide the number by 400 (gallon = 400 sq ft) to determine the number of gallons you need to purchase for 2 coats of paint.